Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ex Dreams

So I had a dream about my Ex last night. I hate it when this happens; it totally ruins my day because it is all I can think about.

This is the guy that I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. Now he is married and has two kids…with someone else. 99.9% of the time I’m okay with this. He really wasn’t right for me, but first love and all that.

That 0.1% of the time usually has to do with me either seeing him or his wife…or having one of the “ex dreams”. The ex dreams are the worst because they play with my emotions.

In the dreams I am usually in love with this guy again. Those feelings are usually so real in the dream that they mess with my head the next day. Last night it was my wedding day. I only saw him in the dream from a distance, but the idea that we were supposed to get married, definitely makes it count as an ex dream. The dream ended right before the walk down the aisle, but the emotional upheaval is just about the same.

I wish we could control our dreams. I would never choose to dream about the ex. I don’t want him back and I don’t even want the life that could have been. I am meant to be who I am today…but boy those dreams sure do mess with my head!

Does anybody else out there have dreams like this?

No comments: