Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Am a Killer...of Plants


Okay, so I didn't really kill the plants, but maybe I could be convicted of attempted murder. I never went in and watered my classroom plants during Christmas Break, and so they went over two weeks without a drink. I watered them really well before I left, but...

I guess I should have gone to school at some point and watered the plants, but I really didn't want to go to work during my vacation. Luckily the plants will survive. I might lose some leaves on the one, but my African Violet is doing just fine now, but you should have seen it when I walked into the room. Poor thing. It looked like it had given up all hope; all the foliage was drooping. I knew it would make it, and it looks fine now.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to cut off the yellow leaves on the other plant. I'm not sure what it is called, but it is similar in growth to a Wandering Jew (obviously not the scientific name). It's already looking much better than it did on Monday.

As a side note...I do kill plants when they are at my house. I hate the sunlight and so plants find it hard to survive in the "cave-like" atmosphere I create in my home. Darkening shades and heavy curtains are not good for life forms that get their food through photosynthesis!

1 comment:

Gifts of Nature said...

Plant update: The plant looks worse! All the formerly yellow leaves are now dead and some of the leaves that were green are now yellow. Not sure why this is. I picked them all off and we're praying for the best.