Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Bad Weather?

There's nothing like living in the Ozarks when it comes to weather.

We just finished a major winter storm with ice/sleet/snow. See pictures here. The last of it is finally gone (except the stuff that was piled up in parking lots). We have been experiencing 50-60 degree weather for the last few days and it has been really nice. And that's just like the Ozarks...30 degrees one day, 65 the next. Nothing like sledding on yesterday's sleet in today's 60 degree weather!

Well, we may be in for our next big storm. No, it's not ice, sleet or snow...it's tornadoes!

The latest weather said that the worst of it should be slightly to the north of us, but it is hitting between 9pm and 2am with winds up to 80 miles per hour!

So here's my decision...do I stay at home, or go spend the night at my parents' house. I do not have a basement. There is no adequate shelter for damaging winds. I'll even admit it...I live in one of those horrible tornado magnets...a mobile home! I have spent multiple nights, pacing the house, praying to God that I survived the storm. Even a small storm sounds terrible inside my house.

It probably sounds like a no-brainer...go to the parents', but I HATE having to spend the night anywhere but at my own house. I can't sleep in any other bed than my own. Plus, I won't be able to watch what I want on TV or be on the internet (okay, those might sound a little petty).

I guess I will just hang out here and wait to see where and when the storm is going to hit. I'm watching the news right now, and will keep my eye out for changes. The parents' house only a mile down the road, so I can literally wait until the last minute.

Wish us all luck!


No comments: