Thursday, September 9, 2010

This Might Be A Good Year

Things have been going well at school this year.  Almost too well...

One of the big changes that has seemed to help out with previous problems at school has to do with getting rid of the junior high.  We finally opened a new junior high building which means that the high school and junior high is no longer in the same building.  This has been great.  First off, we were able to move all the high school teachers into the building; some had been in trailers in the back parking lot due to some structual problems (one building colapsed and a sinkhole under a few classrooms).  The high schoolers seem to be behaving better without the junior high students around.

I haven't had any classroom management problems with this year's crop of juniors.  So far Project Redneck seems to be going well and I think that is also helping.  Right now my biggest problem seems to be tardies.  I've always been able to deal with this in-house, but I think I'm going to have to officially start turning in tardies for some of my students. Not sure why that seems to be a problems this year.

I am hoping that the rest of the year goes by as smoothly, but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

No comments: