Thursday, September 2, 2010

Those Stupid Kids Gave Me Pink Eye!

This is how I feel...

Thankfully my eye doesn't look quite this bad.  Mostly because I haven't been rubbing it very much.  I had to make a trip to the doctor yesterday ($25) and get some drops ($30) for my eye. I know my students somehow gave me pink eye! It itches like crazy and then hurts like mad when I do rub it.

Technically, I'm not supposed to be at school with conjunctivitis because it is highly contagious. I talked to the school nurse and she said it should be okay as long as I wash my hands... A LOT.  She said the kids walk around school with it for days before they come to her and get sent home (and they aren't careful about not spreading it).  Today I managed to not touch my eye at all while at school and didn't touch anybody. I probably should stay home, but I have too much to do to stay home for something like pink eye!

This is the first time I've ever had it. My eye started bugging me Sunday night, and by Tuesday evening had figured out it was more than just allergies. Has anyone else had to deal with it? I'm hoping I caught it early enough that it won't ever look bad.

No comments: