Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ephedrine...Now Available at Small Town Gas Stations

So while getting gas at the local Murphy's gas station, I noticed a sign for Ephedrine being sold by the box for $12.99. Now I was unaware that Ephedrine was still legal in the U.S. I remember the whole big ta-do about how bad it is for you as a diet supplement. Once I got home I immediately Googled Ephedrine and read all about it on the most trustworthy of Online Encyclopedias...that's right...Wikipedia. As Michael Scott said, "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information." Anyway, Wikipedia said that Ephedrine has never been illegal in the US and that it is regulated and that "purchasing is currently limited and monitored, with specifics varying from state to state." Obviously not Missouri because it's being sold at gas stations with the advertisement taped to the gas pump, and I don't mean the pump itself, but the hose. There were no warnings about adverse side effects or anything. Just a hot pink sign saying Ephedrine by the box - $12.99.

Maybe I should go try out some Ephedrine. It's basically just legalized speed, and I could probably lose some weight. On the other hand, I did read that one of the side effects could be pulmonary adema. I'm not really sure what that is, but I'm sure it's not good. I guess I'll just stick with getting back on my Wii Fit!

2 comments:

Vito and Gina said...

What a great thing to advertise in the Meth Capital in the World.

Gifts of Nature said...

No joke.