Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ice Warnings

Well, we're expecting lots of ice coming in starting tomorrow... I'm not sure how I feel about that. They are saying we could get between 1/2 and 3/4th an inch of ice starting sometime Monday mid-day. Last time we were supposed to get ice, it went north of us. I'm not sure we will get lucky twice in a row.

I don't mind getting some time off work. If it does what it says, I'm thinking we will only have school on Monday and Friday (and I'm taking Friday off). That sounds good, but of course those days must be made up and they will start taking away Spring Break soon.

Also, I love how pretty it is with everything covered in ice, but it is so dangerous. Ice on trees and power lines. *shudder* I would hate to be out of power. Luckily, I have relatives next door and they have some wood heat in the house, so I can walk across the road to their house. This is really good considering I live on a hill and if there's ice, there's no getting out of here or anyone coming up to help.

I'll keep you apprised of the situation.

No comments: