Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last Year's Ice Storm


These pictures were taken outside of my house a day after the ice hit. The sun came out and the whole world looked like it was covered in diamonds.



I thought I would post a couple of pictures of what may be coming our way. This is last year's worst ice storm. February 13th is what the tag on the picture says, I can't remember how many days we were out of school for that.

Last year was a really weird year for storms. We were out of school quite a lot last year. So much in fact, that the state had to forgive some of our missed days and we didn't have to make them all up. Not all of them were for ice; there was also snow and flooding. There were several weeks when we only went one or two days the whole week.

We'll see what happens this week. We've already been out 3 days for winter weather...all before Christmas break and that's a first.

If we get any ice, I will be sure to post pictures.

No comments: