Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Modicum of Success

After spending hours surfing the web for information on personalizing a blog, I have had a small amount of success. I wasted most of my time trying to find and then use an easy design tool that doesn't require you to understand html. After managing to get a template I liked, Blogger would not accept the new html...something about a color not really being a color. Anyway, I scrubbed that (I didn't want all that advertising from the website I used to help me anyway) and went back to the basics. I have been reading through the Blogger tutorials (not very helpful for a newbie) and some step by step tutorials from The Blog Doctor. These are much more helpful, but there is so much on his website that I don't know where to start. I finally decided to just attempt to set a picture as the background for my blog.

This is where the small amount of success comes in. I did manage to get a background I created (love my Photoshop!) set as my blog's background. I am not at all sure that this is what I would want for blog on a permanent basis, but will do as a starter and practice run. My next task is to figure out how to set an opaque blue as my table so that you can read all the text and still see the background. Right now the flowers are invasive when it comes to reading the text. It was not intended to look quite like that. Number one, the image is actually much longer than it apears; I had wanted to be able to scroll down the image some, but Blogger seams to have cut off the bottom of the image. Also (or I guess this is Number two), when I made the background I fully intended to have a light blue (and slightly opaque) background for the blogs that would go over the blog's background. So, as I said, that is my new goal.

Well, it's back to the old grindstone!

No comments: