Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Cabin Fever Here

Like I’ve already said, I love being alone in my house with virtually nothing to do. Since I cannot get on the internet at this time to blog about what’s going on, I have decided to keep tabs of what I am doing and post it when I can…hopefully tomorrow.

• All I have had to eat today is leftover pizza, but I have a stew simmering on the stove for suppertime. I’m looking forward to it, and I love making casseroles and stews without a recipe. This one is basically sausage and potatoes. It’ll be good I’m sure. Nice and hearty.

• I spent a good part of the morning trying to blog. This did not go over well considering I have satellite internet and it was going in and out due to the storm. I’m not sure if it is the atmosphere or the ice building up on the satellite dish itself. Maybe it’s a little bit of both.

• Early today I had to go out and shovel sleet off the back porch so I could open the door. The door wouldn’t even budge. I bundled all up: boots, scarf, gloves and big coat and went out and did a little scraping. Since we had a lot of sleet/freezing rain mix earlier on in the storm, I could only get the top inch or so off the porch, but it was enough to get the door open. I have had to go back a few times and re-shovel right in front of the door, but I’ve done that from the inside of the house. I also had to spend some time scraping ice and sleet off of the cat door so the cats could get in and out of the house. All’s well for now, but it is still sleeting and they are calling for 2 to 4 inches of snow on top once the sleeting stops.

• At some point in time today, I decided to get out the Roswell DVDs and re-watch the series over the next few days. There wasn’t anything good on TV and I didn’t really feel like a movie. It’s been so long since I watched Roswell that once I thought about it, I was excited to get them out and experience the series all over again. Of course this is where Katherine Heigl got her start, although I really didn’t like her character on Roswell. I had forgotten how much I loved the series (I haven’t watched it since it went off the air, even though I own the DVDs), and I forgot how hott Jason Behr was/is.

• I am currently working on some frozen cream cheese balls. Right now they are sitting outside because there’s not enough room in the freezer for them. I put them on a cookie sheet and wrapped it up in foil. It’s 25 degrees out there, so they should freeze just fine.

• I have been putting out sunflower seeds for the birds and they are loving it. Of course everything else in their world is totally frozen over, so every bird in the area is in my front lawn. This is driving Cullen crazy. He is currently sitting on the chair next to me staring out the window just itching to catch him a bird. He keeps moving around and just can’t keep still. Earlier today he fell of the arm of the chair trying to lunge for them. The birds are fun to watch. At one point I had a whole flock of black birds out there. I don’t like them because there are so many of them and they eat all the food. I also have a couple of blue jays lurking around. They are such bullies. There are quite a few cardinals and a few other birds out there. They look so cold and most have ice frozen to their tail feathers. Poor things.

• The mail lady showed up and she wasn’t even late. I was impressed. I’m thinking of putting out some of the cheesecake treats for her if they turn out well. She deserves something for having to be out there in that weather just to get me my Netflix movies (all three came in today).

• Besides the mail lady, there’s only been one guy on a tractor that drove by and then drove back about an hour later. Not sure who he was or where he was going.


The internet seems to be working now. I’m going to go ahead and post this and maybe start a new one to post tomorrow.

No comments: