Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Small Town Sign
















This sign is right next to the road where I live. It is a fairly new sign, but I think that it fully explains where I live. When I say I live in a small town, I don't mean one with a population between 25,000-50,000. Nope. We're talking under 3,000, and I live 8 miles outside of town!

I think this sign showed up because of the farm next to us, which is the farm that I grew up on; the one we had to sell when I was 16. My dad owns a lot of land that joins the old family farm, and is a weekend/evening farmer with cattle and crops. Mom actually does a lot of the daily chores since she retired. When this sign first went up I wondered how much it had to do with Mom driving all over the place in either the 4-wheeler or the Mule.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time it snows you should sneak out with some black electrical tape and turn it into a sign that means "Slow: Zamboni"

Gifts of Nature said...

That would be funny, however, it might cause an accident because I'm not sure how many people around here would have even heard of a Zamboni!

Anonymous said...

This is like my most favorite sign ever. My husband says they have them around here, but I have NEVER seen one in all my 36 years. That is so great. Thanks for posting that.

Gifts of Nature said...

I use to work for the Highway department and I can assure you these are relatively new. I think it's pretty funny because the farmer is so big relative to his tractor. As if any real farmer would be caught dead on a tractor that small.