Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summer in Review

I’m Back! I took the summer off from blogging. It wasn’t that I didn’t have the time, just that I found that I had other things I wanted to do; plus it is hard for me to do something like blogging when I’m out of my every day routine.

I had a really eventful summer…not. It was just a nice, relaxing summer vacation (once I finished with summer school) with nothing too pressing to do. I did, however, have quite a few summer adventures.

• My back started bugging me again this summer and I decided that my 40 plus-year-old mattress wasn’t helping anything, so I decided to buy a new mattress. After finding a super comfortable mattress, and spending $640 dollars on it, I found out that it was way too soft for my back. Plus, it also made my neck hurt! I sleep on my stomach and my new pillow-top, soft, foam mattress was making my back and neck arch too much. They won’t take back the mattress, so now I am going to have to sell it on Craig’s List. One of my projects for tomorrow is setting up an account and getting the add put in. I spent today switching mattresses with an old one Mom had. She’s going to show my new mattress to perspective buyers for me. I don’t trust having strangers come to my house because I live alone. Hope it sells soon so I can buy a new mattress…again.

• I went on a trip with the youth group to CIY (Christ in Youth) as a sponsor. This was my third (and final) year going. I think I get just as much out of it as the kids do. I’ve always loved going. I do, however, hate having to sleep in dorm rooms for a week. I’m not used to having to share a room or a bathroom

• One of my big adventures of the summer was to switch churches. I have placed my membership back in the Baptist church that I grew up in and in which my brother is now a preacher. I had been going to both my old church and FBC (First Baptist Church) for about a year. My old church had services before Sunday School, so I would leave after services to drive to FBC and go to their services. I really love how my brother preaches. He really feeds off the reaction of the congregation, switching what he says based on whether or not he thinks people are understanding. Also, he really teaches the Bible. He digs deep, then explains how the chosen passage is still relevant today. It’s awesome! I decided to stay at my old church through the summer so I could finish out the year with the youth. I had been working as a youth sponsor for two years, and I didn’t want to leave them in the middle of the year. However, I didn’t feel like I was really a member of either church the way I was bouncing around, not going to Sunday School in either church. I felt as if God was telling me it was a time for a change. FBC is growing and I can be of use there. Already, I have been put in charge of the audio-visual aspect of services. My official title is Audio Visual Coordinator! I’m really loving it and totally feel like I made the right decision, even though it was a difficult one to make. I’m really going to miss my friends at my old church.

I’m hoping that I can get back into the groove of blogging. I keep thinking of things I want to blog about, but since I haven’t done my “summer in review”, I didn’t feel like I could blog. This is by no means all that has happened over the summer, but just the big things.

Hope you come back!