Wednesday, September 15, 2010

75 Pounds Lost!


So excited to have finally reached my 75 pound mark! It has been 8 months, so I'm losing at a pretty good rate. I am hoping to reach 100 by the end of the year (by Christmas would be awesome), or at least by the second week in January.  That will mean I have lost 100 lbs in a year.  I believe it is totally doable.

In my meeting yesterday I talked about my ultimate goal.  My ultimate goal is to be happy about my body for the first time in my life.  Sure, I was skinny (normal) in high school, but I didn't know it. I thought I was fat, when really I was just tall.  My friends were just over 5 foot and wearing size 4 jeans; my mom was constantly watching and judging what I ate. I had a terrible body image, which I believe is part of why I gained so much weight.  Since I thought I was fat, what was one more pound?  One more pound eventually became over 100 more pounds.

When I was young, I had an unrealistic idea of what my body was supposed to look like. Today, I am more realistic.  When I reach my goal weight, I will believe I will be happy with my body for the first time in my life.  It won't be perfect, and I will still probably be trying to shape and sculpt, but I will no longer see myself as the fat girl. I can't wait for that day...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's wonderful! It's a doable goal and just keep up the positive work of eating well and exercise!

-Sarah (11 down, 138 to go)

Unknown said...

Seeing results makes all the difference and it's such a good feeling to start loving who we are. Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your goal!

healy said...

good for you. . .just stay motivated on what you are doing and remember anything you gain can be lost okay?:0