Monday, January 26, 2009

A Bold Fresh Review

It is no secret to those that know me that I am a conservative. I don’t buy into the idea that liberals are more accepting of other beliefs and opinions than conservatives are. There are quite a few left-wing loons (loons are either VERY far left or VERY far right) that are accepting of everything but conservative ideas and Christian beliefs. This is hypocritical in my opinion. Maybe it is because I have such strong beliefs, that I enjoy the No Spin Zone created by Bill O’Reilly, both in this book and on The Factor.

I know there are people out there who think that O’Reilly has an agenda…well, they would be right, but I believe they would be wrong as to what that agenda is. He wants the truth and he wants to protect the little people from those who would lie, manipulate and hurt others. Yes, Bill O’Reilly is a conservative, but he remains Independent.

I watch The Factor on a regular basis and am amazed at those who put down O’Reilly and The Factor by saying that he is a right-wing nut. I think he manages to remain extremely unbiased, especially compared to some of the leftist media outlets like MSNBC. In fact, The Factor’s viewers are 40% republican, 40% democrat and 20% independent. I think that seems pretty balanced. Not only is the show and its audience balanced, but it has remained the highest rated cable news program for years.

I don’t mind it when people criticize as long as they know what they are talking about; it is the Kool-Aid drinking loons (right or left) that are ignorant of the facts that drive me nuts.

Because I enjoy O’Reilly so much, I really wanted to read his latest book, A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity. This book focuses on the aspects of O’Reilly’s life that have made him the man and the journalist that he is today. The book is full of stories that many people can relate to, stories of growing up as a small town kid in the good Ol’ US of A.

While I cannot identify with O’Reilly’s experience in Catholic school, or the nuns who so helped shape his childhood, I can identify with many of the emotions, if not the situations, that he describes within Bold Fresh.

I highly recommend this book (no matter what side you sit on, right or left). It is full of funny anecdotes, and O’Reilly is quick to point out all the trouble he has caused over the years as a bold fresh guy.

4 stars.

No comments: