Saturday, March 7, 2009

Single Saturday

Many people think that being single is a negative, but I think that there are more positives than there are negatives.

One of my favorite things about being single is that my time is my own. I love that I can do what I want, when I want. Take this week for instance...

I was sick Saturday through Tuesday. Actually, I was sick longer than that, but those four days were stay-at-home-and-don't-bug-me days. And because I am single...that's exactly what I did.

I realized how lucky I was when my brother and Sister-in-Law were talking about how my SiL was sick for a few days this week. With 3 kids, this was not easy for her. She couldn't just check out for a few days and ignore everyone. Even with my brother helping out, my Mom and G'ma still had to go help out at the house. And even if my SiL didn't have to do much around the house, there's no way that she got to just sit around in the quiet of an empty house.

What did I do during my recouping time? I sat around in the quiet of an empty house. I literally lived in my recliner. I have one of those over-sized ones that can actually fit two people. It was perfect. I even had to sleep in it so that I could breath at night. I watched TV and slept. I got on the interweb and slept. I watched movies and slept. I read and slept.

So, being single isn't always that bad...especiallly when you need a little alone time.

1 comment:

Clever Elsie said...

See, now this is why I've become a single by choice. For me, the independence and PEACE of life alone outweigh the additional security and occasional helping hands of a spouse.