Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

Spring is in the air!



I'm so excited for spring. Every day something new is popping up around the house. Jonquils are blooming. The pear tree is blossoming. In another day or two my weeping cherry tree will be white with blossoms.



There is so much to do around the yard to prepare for spring. I've considered hiring some of the kids to come over one day soon and help me clean up the corner garden. It was supposed to be a cottage garden with a fish pond in the center, but it has become really over grown and out of control. The pump went out in the pond and the whole thing needs to be cleaned out, the pump replaced and the filter system rebuilt. It's a big job and I'm just too lazy to do it by myself (plus it would take days to do on my own and I don't have that kind of time). It would be worth paying $150 and a nice lunch to get that cleaned up so I can enjoy it.

Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments: