Saturday, July 4, 2009

All The Crazy Things

I've had so much going on lately, but at the same time, not much really. I've had the last two weeks off. There have been a few days here and there where I had things to do (mostly involving that stupid fireworks stand...baaahhhh!), but mostly it's been up to me to decide what I want to do, how much I want to do...that sort of thing.

I've done a lot of reading. I love to read and I don't take much time during the school year to do so. I read every day, but usually just about 10 minutes before I go to bed; nothing substantial. I've stayed up late twice this last week reading into the wee hours of the morning. It's nice to be able to do that once in awhile. Hmmm...that reminds me, I've really got to update my list of books read on my blog...

I've had the whole cat-sickness-thing going. For over a week now my cats have had this terrible cold. They have sneezing fits that are sometimes scary. Then there is Noel who came back home after being lost for over a week. I am so happy she's home, but she has obviously been in a fight and her eye looks terrible. I started them all on antibiotics today and have been putting medicine in her eye. The swelling has gone down, but now it's all full of puss...yuck. I'm just praying she doesn't lose her eye. At this point, I don't think that's going to happen, but...

Noel the day she came home.

Then there has been the convergence of the commune down the road. They keep buzzing by my house at 60 miles an hour...as if it's not a gravel road and people don't live on there! I swung by on Thursday to see how many people were there; it wasn't as crowded as I've seen it in the past. I've seen it so crowded that the entire field is full of tents and RVs.


I've spent two separate days bleaching the floors and surfaces. One day I worked on the kitchen and just yesterday I worked on the bathroom. I can't do too much at once because the bleach smell is overwhelming and probably toxic at some point. I did get a lot done and feel so much better about the house. I'm not a cleaner by nature, but I grew up in my Mom's sterile house, so I sort of crave cleanliness...I just don't produce it on my own. While I was cleaning the bathroom, I decided to get the hard water build up off my shower head. It's really easy...all you have to do is tie a baggy full of vinegar over the shower head. The vinegar removes the hard water build up...no scrubbing!

Before/During

After

Next week will be my last chock-full week of the summer because it is Junior High camp. Although I don't have to be out at camp all day, I like to be out there as much as possible during high school and junior high weeks, so I probably won't be home much next week. After next week, I'll be out at camp a few days a week, but probably not all day long. I'm hoping to get more books read! And...more house cleaning done. Plus there is still the big project of the summer...Painting! I really need to get my bedroom and living room painted this summer.

Well, I guess that's it for now. We'll see how much trouble I get into this coming week...

No comments: