Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowed In

Just another snowy winter in The Ozarks. No school for the past two days, and they've called off school for tomorrow. We now have added two days to the end of the year and have lost four days of our 5-day spring break! So how have I spent the last two days...



This picture isn't great, but it shows what the field behind my house looked like Monday during all the snow.

Monday: I did some laundry (sort of...), but mainly I surfed the internet a lot and watched an all-day Grey's Anatomy Marathon. This was a marathon of my own making; I had about 17 episodes saved on my Tivo and managed to get through most of them. So, basically, I didn't do much.

Today: I finished the Grey's marathon, did the dishes (well, I unloaded the dishwasher), studied some photography tips, spent 3 hours figuring out how to get my Linksys wireless router to work with my DSL and then called my DSL provider to complain about my speed (paying for 1.5mbps and I'm getting 270kbps).

Stupid Linksys tech support wanted me to pay them $30 for their help. Seriously? I hung-up and searched the internet and finally figured it out myself. By the time I called them, I had already spent over an hour working on it, I sure wasn't going to pay them $30 bucks when I knew I could figure it out if I spent some more time on the internet searching for an answer.

My DSL provider is sending someone out tomorrow to figure out why my speed is so slow. My mom is calling them too because hers is a lot lower than what she's paying for too. We're on the same main line, so...

I'm enjoying the time that I get to work on my photography. I've got lots of books and magazines that I need to read through. I learn more and more every time I pick one up. Plus I've been learning a lot about how to edit in photoshop. I used to only use photoshop for more design projects, not editing photos. Needless to say, I have a lot to learn.

I got my new camera backpack in yesterday. It is HUGE! Way bigger than I thought it would be. Mostly it is just a lot deeper than I thought it would be, and it is hard foam, so it doesn't get any smaller. The depth of the pack is really too much for small lenses (and I have two). Anyway, it will be what I use when I want to carry all my equipment. I'm tired of carrying two bags shoved full of equipment when I know I will want to use multiple lenses. It's especially frustrating when I know I'm going to want to do some macro shots.

I'm hoping to get more photography stuff done tomorrow. I really need to grade the Macbeth tests I brought home with me, but I feel like this is my spring break and I don't want to spend 3 hours of it grading tests...

Hope you're enjoying your February!




No comments: