Sunday, July 4, 2010

Why Me?

I have been going through my own personal trial lately. God puts people through trials all the time, and I think this is mine. 

I have been in almost constant pain since last November.  Back pain, bursitis, carpel tunnel and now an undiagnosed pain in my left wrist and hand.  I have been doing my best to get over each pain as it comes.  It has been a constant and discouraging battle.  As soon as one pain is gone, another appears.

Back pain is something I will battle for the rest of my life, so it is something I have learned to live with. Bursitis is a new pain, and thankfully I haven't had any relapses in a few months. I have been eating better and taking vitamins, plus the weight loss have all been things I have done to help with the bursitis. I went to the doctor for the carpel tunnel, but they were of no help, so I asked my chiropractor.  He adjusted my wrists and the carpel tunnel went away; unfortunately, ever since then, my left wrist and hand have been in almost constant pain. 

The chiropractor doesn't know what is wrong.  Nothing shows up on the x-ray, and he says he has never seen anything like it.  The next step is to go to the doctor to see if he has any ideas.  I'm pretty sure something got popped or wrenched when the chiropractor adjusted it for carpel tunnel, because the pain I feel almost daily for the last month and a half is the same sharp pain I felt when my left wrist was adjusted.  The cruel part is that my left wrist hardly even had any carpel tunnel problems; it was my right wrist that had severe pains from carpel tunnel (enough to keep me awake at night). The adjustment to my right wrist completely relieved me of all the carpel tunnel pains, but now my left wrist and hand are so bad that I can barely function at times.  It is hard to get dressed; it is hard to fix my hair.

At this point, I'm basically turning to God for the strength to endure and the faith that he will only let me endure what I can. 

No comments: