Friday, July 2, 2010

The Local "Yoga Cult" Is At It Again!



I've talked before about the local "cult" down the road. It is time again for their summer retreat.  I hate this time of the year.  My quiet little country road becomes a highway with all the traffic.  People from all over America come and set up camp at the "retreat center" or whatever they call it.

As I've said before, there is nothing wrong with the people who live here year around, but it bugs me that just a half mile down the road there are an unknown amount of strangers. I don't like it. They walk past my house; caravans of vehicles speed past my house.  Sometimes at night I can here them.  I swear they set up an outdoor sound system. 

So, once again, my quiet little country road has been turned upside down. A road that only has two houses on it (mine and my uncle's) and usually gets very little traffic (no more than 4 or 5 cars a day), now has 15 vehicles driving by in less than five minutes spewing dust all over my lawn.

I can't wait to get my neck of the woods back...

No comments: