Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is 3D Around To Stay This Time?

I went to my third 3D movie last night; well, I guess they call it RealD now. It is so much better than the old 3D with the red and blue cardboard glasses. Everything is in 3D all the time; it isn't just random objects coming at you. I wonder if it is around to stay this time. I know that they are even coming out with 3D TVs...although I don't really get that. So is 3D more than just a passing fad like it was back in the 80's? I'm giving it a 60% chance of sticking around.



My BFF and I watched Despicable Me in 3D. While the movie was really good, I was disappointed in the quality of the movie; it was really out of focus. I'm sure that the theater didn't have the projector in focus, and it was really distracting. I would have got up to complain, but I didn't want to miss anything, plus it wasn't the theater I'm used to. I might have said something at "my" theater; I know they wouldn't mind.
 


So tell me what you think about the whole 3D/RealD fad. Is it here to stay?

No comments: