Monday, August 2, 2010

Vacation in North Carolina

Although I'm really enjoying my vacation to visit my best friend, I am having to get used to living on a different schedule than I normally do.

My bff's husband works weird hours (from 2pm-11pm) and so stays up later than I'm used to at home. He will usually stay up until 3am and then sleep until noon.  Considering his work schedule, this really isn't unusual.  I wouldn't want to have to come home and go straight to bed either. However, because of his schedule, my bff also tends to keep later hours than usual (going to bed around midnight and getting up around 9am). Luckily, NC is an hour ahead of MO time, so I'm not staying up much longer than usual. I am, however, eating much later than I'm used to. Not so much breakfast because I get my own when I get up, but lunch and supper are a lot later than I'm used to, even taking in the time difference.

Dinner was started after 7pm


Went to a cheese steak place (after 8pm). Loved it! But I'm no longer used to eating like this...

Considering living with other people is never easy, weird eating hours is not that bad.

My vacation is more like a "staycation" in that we aren't really doing much but hanging out and enjoying each other's company. The only difference is that I had to drive over 900 miles to do it. I wouldn't change anything though. We've just been hanging out, playing games, watching tv, and talking. We did go shopping at Target this afternoon and may go to the movies tomorrow. We were supposed to go to the beach today, but it rained.  I'm excited to go to the beach. I don't really like the beach, but I like to go see the ocean at least once a decade...

Have a banana Princess!
 We've both been playing a lot of My Kingdom for a Princess.  We sit in the same room, on separate laptops, playing the same game. It's a time management game. They finally created a version that will work on a Mac, so I downloaded it the other day so we could both play at the same time. It's definitely my favorite time management game.

I really wish my bff lived closer so we didn't have to pack in an entire year of hanging out in a week's worth of time. I'm hoping that she will get back to MO in the next year or so...

I'll leave you with some wonderful advice from Dwight K. Schrute.


I found this poster at Target and since I couldn't think of a good reason to buy it, I took a picture instead. My favorite quote is "Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do that?' and if they would, I do not do that thing."

No comments: