Sunday, August 1, 2010

Small Town Sunday #1


I'm really excited about starting a weekly post devoted to small towns. I really hope that others will eventually join in and write their own blog posts and link back here. Comments are also welcome. 

I'm excited because I'm such a huge fan of small towns. I live and work in small towns; each with a population of under 3,000. That, of course, is the population of those living within the city limits and doesn't include the local rural population (which can come close, if not exceed, the "official" population).

I have always lived in a small town with the one exception: college. Even then, it would be considered a small town by anyone who lived in a mega-city (New York, Chicago, LA, etc). I define a small town as being under 10,000 in population. Our county seat has grown to just over 10,000, and I would never consider it a small town...a small city perhaps, especially since it is where all the other small towns have to go for most all their shopping needs.

I'm interested in what others consider a small town.

I encourage you to add lots of pictures of your favorite small town (or any small town). We would love to see them.

If you would like to add your own post to Small Town Sunday, please link back to this site and leave a comment with a link to your post (not your website).

No comments: