Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm Still A Loser...Baby

I have been doing Weight Watchers since the beginning of the year and have lost 60 pounds. I'm not losing as fast as I was at the beginning, but I'm still losing.

I'm only a pound from my next mini-goal of 245 pounds.  At that point I will truly know that I am below 250 pounds, never to see it again.  Then my next goal is to hit the halfway point in my weight loss (66 pounds lost, or 240 pounds). After that, I am setting my mini-goals at 25 pound intervals until I hit my ultimate goal of 175.  At 6 foot tall, that puts me pretty close to my high school weight...and I was skinny then.

At this point, I can now see myself actually getting under 200 pounds. I don't even know how long it has been since I've been under 200 pounds.  I really need to start exercising again so that my weight loss will go faster.  Being on vacation means I don't have much of a routine as well as feeling like "I'm on vacation, so I'm not going to exercise", but I know I need to.

I am starting to really feel and see a change in my body, both in appearance and how I feel.  I am down two dress sizes and have had to buy new clothes.  I've given away three trash bags full of clothes that are too big.  I can see the change in my face.  I am really glad that my face is thinning. It used to be one of my best features.  I can actually start to look at myself in the mirror again.

I would love to hear people's weight loss success stories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Still in the process of losing weight myself. Ive done weight watchers before and it was one of the few things that worked for me. Wish I had the energy to go back on it! Anyways, I started running everyday recently and I've lost 8 pounds in 2 months and I've got about 15-20lbs to go. Im sure once I start really dieting strictly the weight will come off fast. ITs a great feeling to be getting healthy though isn't it?!

Gifts of Nature said...

@Andi - WOW!I'm good if I WALK a few times a week, I cannot even imagine expending enough energy to RUN! You go girl!