Saturday, August 7, 2010

Single Saturday #2


I just got home from driving halfway across the United States...By Myself! Needless to say, I don't feel like writing a very long post for this, our second Single Saturday. By while I was thinking about how I didn't want to really write a post, I thought about why...

Vacationing while single. This can be either really rewarding, or a little depressing.  I believe it is all about how you think about it...where your mind is.  I can remember a trip to England with one of my best friends: by the end of the trip, we were getting on each other's nerves and ended up splitting up on our last day while touring Bath. It was easily one of my favorite days.  I enjoyed just walking around by myself.

I actually think I could go on a vacation by myself and be perfectly happy about it. I could go where I wanted to go without having to check with another person to see if they want to go there too. It would be wonderful to just sit at a cafe and watch the locals and become part of the place you are visiting.  I don't think I'd want to go solo on all my vacations, but I would be fine doing it every once in awhile.

But this all brings me back to my original thought...I drove halfway across the country By Myself! Almost 1000 miles from Missouri to North Carolina (and back). I drove it in record time, but man that is a lot of driving for one person. I would have loved to have someone to trade off the driving-duty once in awhile; especially when my back would start hurting!

Have you ever been on vacation by yourself? What is your story?

No comments: